Supporting Documents & Guidelines
- Handling a Request for Library Records by a Law Enforcement Agency (procedure)
- The Library Network (TLN) Privacy of Records
- Guidelines for Internet Use
- Michigan Library Privacy Act
- Library Bill of Rights (American Library Association (ALA))
- Freedom to Read (ALA)
- Freedom to View (ALA)
- Request for Reconsideration of Materials
- Northville District Library Photo/Video Disclaimer
Attendance at Northville District Library programs, events or public spaces constitutes consent to be photographed for use in print and/or electronic publicity for the Northville District Library. Photos, images, and videos submitted by users for online contests may also be used by the Library for promotional purposes. To ensure the privacy of individuals and children, images will not be identified using full names or personal identifying information without written approval form the photographed subject, parent or legal guardian.
If you do not want us to use a photo or video of you or your child, please tell the Library staff member coordinating the event PRIOR to the program.