Law and Government
A collection of subscription databases, ebooks, and other online material paid for by the the Northville District Library or by the Michigan Electronic Library (MeL).
|Criminal Justice Collection
Users studying law and criminal justice will have access to over 150 full-text journals. Coverage starts from 1980.
Provides indexing and mostly full-text articles for more than 1,400 titles including major law reviews, legal newspapers, bar association journals and international legal journals. Coverage starts from 1980.
Legal Forms Library
- American Law Yearbook 20062006
- American Law Yearbook 20072007th ed., 2008
- Checks and Balances: The Three Branches of the American Government 3v, 2005
- Constitutional Amendments: From Freedom of Speech to Flag Burning 2nd ed., 3v, 2008
- Crime and Punishment in America Reference Library 5v, 2005
- Encyclopedia of the American Constitution 2nd ed., 6v, 2000
- Gale Encyclopedia of Everyday Law 2nd ed., 2v, 2006
- Governments of the World: A Global Guide to Citizens' Rights and Responsibilities 4v, 2006
- Major Acts of Congress 3v, 2004
- National Survey of State Laws 6th ed., 2008
- Political Theories for Students Vol. 1, 2002
- Supreme Court Drama: Cases That Changed America 4v, 2001
- The Bill of Rights 1 5v, 2005
- West's Encyclopedia of American Law 2nd ed., 13v, 2005
- World Encyclopedia of Police Forces and Correctional Systems 2nd ed., 2v, 2006
- Michigan Courts - Court forms, court rules, self-help guides, statistics, and web links to other useful legal websites.
- Michigan Legal Help - An interactive site designed to help litigants handle simple legal matters without a lawyer. Includes legal information and forms. Funded by a grant from the Michigan State Bar Foundation.
- Michigan Legislature - Includes status on current bills as well as searchable version of the Michigan Compiled Laws Annotated (MCLA), Public Acts, and Resolutions.
- State Bar of Michigan - Attorney directory and referral service.
- Michigan Legal Aid - Provides help with legal problems to low income residents of Michigan. On this site you will find information about the law and about places to go for help with legal and related problems.
- State Appellate Defender Office (SADO) -Dedicated to criminal defense, SADO offers guides and links for self-help as well as locator functions for attorneys, inmates, and courts.
Federal Legal Information
- U.S. Courts - Official website of all the U.S. Federal Court Systems.
- United States Code - Codification by subject matter of the general and permanent laws of the United States.
- Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) -Codification of the general and permanent rules published in the Federal Register by the executive departments and agencies of the Federal Government.
- Supreme Court Database - Searchable database to Supreme Court cases and voting behavior from 1952 to the present.
General Legal Information
- LexisOne - An excellent free source for case law and over 6,000 legal forms.
- Legal Information Institute of Cornell Law School - A non-profit, public service of the Cornell Law School that provides free access to current American and international legal resources.