A collection of subscription databases, ebooks, and other online material paid for by the the Northville District Library or by the Michigan Electronic Library (MeL).
|Value Line Research Center
A comprehensive research tool for the investor, with data and analysis on stocks, mutual funds, options and convertibles. Combines the information on 3,500 stocks featured in the highly valued print editions, as well as useful online only features, such as tools to screen and export data, and track model portfolios. Features analysis of 1,500 top equity funds, with profiles of over 10,000 other mutual funds. Learn more about investing with the built in educational features. This database paid for by Northville District Library.
|Morningstar Investment Research Center
Combines in one convenient database all the stocks, fund, industry and ETF information needed for in-depth research and smart portfolio construction. Offers tools to help learn about investing, as well as in depth analytical reports by Morningstar experts. This database paid for by Northville District Library.
|Business Insights: Essentials
Detailed company profiles, industry news, and investment reports. Includes company histories, brand information, rankings and chronologies.
|General Business File ASAP
Analyzes company performance and activity, industry events and trends as well as the latest in management, economics and politics. Includes broker research reports, trade publications, newspapers, journals and company directory listings with full text and images available.
|Business and Company Profile ASAP
Integrates indexing, abstracts and full text for business, finance, management, and industry periodicals with a full text directory of global private and public companies.
A collection of directories with comprehensive information on businesses and non-profits. Search sections for U.S. and Canadian, as well as Healthcare and U.S. Residences. Searchable by geographic area, line of business, and various factors. Download or print up to 25 listings per search. This database paid for by Northville District Library.
||Small Business Resource Center
Full-text. Learn how to start, finance or manage your small business. Resources include sample business plans, how to guides, articles and websites.
- Business Plans Handbook Vol. 1, 2005
- Business Plans Handbook Vol. 2, 2005
- Business Plans Handbook Vol. 3, 2005
- Business Plans Handbook Vol. 4, 2005
- Business Plans Handbook Vol. 5, 1998
- Business Plans Handbook Vol. 6, 1999
- Business Plans Handbook Vol. 7, 2000
- Business Plans Handbook Vol. 8, 2001
- Business Plans Handbook Vol. 9, 2002
- Business Plans Handbook Vol. 10, 2004
- Business Plans Handbook Vol. 11, 2006
- Business Plans Handbook Vol. 12, 2007
- Business Plans Handbook Vol. 13, 2008
- Company Profiles for Students 3v, 1999
- Encyclopedia of American Industries 5th ed., 2008
- Encyclopedia of Business and Finance 2nd ed., 2v, 2007
- Encyclopedia of Emerging Industries 5th ed., 2007
- Encyclopedia of Global Industries 4th ed., 2007
- Encyclopedia of Major Marketing Campaigns 2007
- Encyclopedia of Management 5th ed., 2006
- Encyclopedia of Products Industries - Manufacturing 2v, 2008
- Encyclopedia of Small Business 2nd ed., 2v, 2002
- Everyday Finance: Economics, Personal Money Management, and Entrepreneurship 2v, 2008
- Gale E-Commerce Sourcebook 2v, 2003
- Gale Encyclopedia of E-Commerce 2v, 2002
- How Products Are Made Vol. 1, 1994
- How Products Are Made Vol. 2, 1996
- How Products Are Made Vol. 3, 1998
- How Products Are Made Vol. 4, 1999
- How Products Are Made Vol. 5, 2000
- How Products Are Made Vol. 6, 2001
- How Products Are Made Vol. 7, 2002
- International Directory of Business Biographies 4v, 2005
Great for historical stock quotes, such as the original price of a stock on a certain date.
- Motley Fool
Entertaining and informative site for investment and personal finance.
- Crain’s Detroit Business
Premier source for business news related to Southeast Michigan. Includes some features available only to subscribers.
- Thomas Register
Offers information on manufacturing companies, including those that are privately held.