ESL (English as a Second Language)
Databases and Software
A collection of subscription databases, ebooks, and other online material paid for by the the Northville District Library or by the Michigan Electronic Library (MeL).
|Learning Express Library
Online preparation and practice for the TOEFL and citizenship tests.
Online language learning system that can help you learn languages like Spanish, French, Japanese, Brazilian Portugeuse, German, Mandarin Chinese, Greek, Italian, Russian and many more. This database paid for by Northville District Library.
Online read-along collection of books for all ages with adjustable online text and audio narration; great tool for learning English. This database paid for by Northville District Library.
Offers the Living Language and the Learn In Your Car self-study courses in English. Available in WMA downloadable format, MP3 and iPod.
- Dave’s ESL Café - ESL lessons and activities plus student discussion forums
- English as 2nd Language - Free online courses
- English Page Listening Lounge - Collection of listening resources to help advanced English learners—links to NPR and BBC broadcasts
- ETS - Official TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) and TOEIC (Test of English for International Communication) website
- Sounds of English - Audio practice exercises, handouts and diagrams to improve pronunciation and accent
- U.S.A. Learns - Free video-based online English courses and activities for beginner to intermediate-level learners
ESL Classes and Tutoring - Metropolitan Detroit
International Institute of Metropolitan Detroit
111 E. Kirby
Detroit, MI 48202
Telephone 313-871-8600 x 241
36600 Schoolcraft Road
Livonia, MI 48150
Plymouth-Canton Community Literacy Council, Inc
46501 Warren Road
Canton, MI 48187
18600 Haggerty Road
Livonia, MI 48152
Ward Evangelical Presbyterian Church
40000 Six Mile Road
Northville, MI 48168
Wayne State University
351 Manoogian Hall
Detroit, Michigan 48202