The Youth Department has concluded scheduling library visits for the present school year; visits are not scheduled during the summer, June - August. Library visit scheduling will resume in August for the 2013/2014 school year.
The Youth Department is pleased to schedule Library visits for Northville day care centers, preschools, elementary schools, scout troops and homeschoolers.
- Library visits are scheduled for Northville day care centers, preschools, elementary schools, scout troops and homeschoolers when library programming permits weekdays (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday) during the school year, September through May. Library visits are not scheduled during the summer, June – August.
- The Youth Department hosts 2-3 Library visits per month, scheduled on a first come first serve basis, providing 30-60 minute storytimes, informational library talks or “behind-the-scenes” Library tours.
- Please contact the library to schedule a visit 3-4 weeks in advance. The library does not provide “Drop-In” Library visits.
- Please consult these guidelines before scheduling a Library visit:
Northville Day Care Centers, Preschools, Elementary Schools& Homeschoolers
- Day care centers, preschools, elementary schools and homeschoolers must reside in the city or township of Northville or be a part of Northville Public Schools.
- Library visits are scheduled between the hours of 9:00 am and 2:00 pm, Monday, Tuesday or Friday.
- For Middle School and High School students, please schedule library visits with Teen Librarian, Suzanne Schimanski-Gross at (248) 349-3020 x222
Northville Scout Troops
- Library visits are limited to scout troops located in the city or township of Northville.
- Scout library visits are scheduled after school between 4:00 and 4:30 pm, Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. Library visits must conclude by 5:00 pm.
- The library is unable to provide evening scout visits.
To schedule a library visit, please contact Dorie Freebury, Head of Youth Services, (248) 349-3026 x212