A collection of subscription databases, ebooks, and other online material paid for by the the Northville District Library or by the Michigan Electronic Library (MeL).
|Books & Authors
Thousands of award-winners, bestsellers and librarian favorites.
Recommended for upper elementary through high school. Full-text (1981-Present). Find over 2000 articles, ebooks, transcripts, photos, websites, focused multi-media, maps and reference sources such as almanacs and encyclopedias. Personal portfolios and tools allow users to tag articles, share links, take notes, build reading lists, and design timelines and slideshows. Includes reading level search, spell check, integrated dictionary and language.
||Expanded Academic ASAP
Meets research needs across academic disciplines with scholarly articles and reports.
|Literature Resource Center
Background information on contemporary and classic authors, critiques of novels, and more. This database paid for by Northville District Library.
Great tool for locating both novels and works of non-fiction, and resources for those who wish to talk about and promote books and reading. This database paid for by Northville District Library.
Audio Books & E-Books
Northville District Library Resources
- 100 Best Non-Fiction Books
- 100 Best Novels
- 100 Life-Changing Books - Chosen by National Book Award authors.
- 75 Books by Women Whose Words Have Changed the World
- ALA Book and Media Awards and Notables
- Banned and Challenged Classics (American Library Association)
- Book Awards (AwardAnnals)
- Book Browse
- Booklist Online - More than 130,000 book reviews for librarians, book groups, and book lovers
- Book Spot
- Complete Works of William Shakespeare
- Fiction_L Booklists
- Goodreads - The world's largest site for readers and book recommendations.
- Google Book Search
- Kirkus Reviews
- Library of Congress Catalog
- Library Journal Book Reviews
- MeLCat - Search the MeL Catalog for books, books on tape/CD/DVD, music, magazines, and more!
- Michigan Notable Books
- Modern Library's Best 100 Novels and Nonfiction Books
- National Book Foundation
- New York Review of Books
- New York Times Book Page
- NPR: Books
- Online Texts Collection (Internet Public Library)
- Oprah's Books
- Overbooked (a Web Site for Ravenous Readers)
- Poets.org - poetry, poems, bios & more; from the The Academy of American Poets
- Read.gov - The Center for the Book in the Library of Congress invites people of all ages to discover the fascinating people, places and events that await you whenever you read.
- Reader's Robot (Reader's Advisory Service)
- Turning the Pages: Leaf Through Our Great Books (the British Library)
- What's Next? (Books in Series)(Kent District Library) Order of books in series.