Digital Conversion Equipment is unavailable at this time.
Digital Conversion Station at NDL
Convert older video and audio formats into digital files. Conversion equipment is located in the Local History Room on the Lower Level of the Library.
YOU MUST ATTEND A SHORT DEMO PRIOR TO FIRST USE OF ANY DIGITAL CONVERSION EQUIPMENT.
Register for a Short Demo PRIOR to First Use of Equipment
- Call or register online for a demo, which are held Thursdays at 2 pm. Registration is preferred. Drop ins are accepted, but please call first to be sure demo is being held. 248.349.3020, ext. 215
- OR attend a TechXpert Session for a demo and extra help with equipment. Tuesdays at 6 or 7 pm OR Thursdays at 2 or 3 pm.
- Register online or call.
How To Reserve Time on the Equipment
- Call ahead to reserve a two-hour time slot. Time slots available weekly.
- If no one is signed up for the next time slot you may stay longer
- Drop-ins are allowed if you have attended a demo, are familiar with the equipment, and do not require tech assistance.
What Can I Convert?
- VHS tape to DVD
- VHS or DVD to digital file (.mov)
- VHS or DVD to digital file on iMac
- Phonograph Record to MP4a or OGG* to MP3
- Audiocassette to digital audio file
- DVD to digital file ( .mov)
- Photographs to digital file (can be edited after digitized)
- Slides or Negatives to digital photo file (can be edited after)
- 8MM or Super 8 Reel to Reel Film
How Much Time Will I Need to Convert?
- This will vary depending on your familiarity with the equipment AND what is being converted.
- Estimated times: if your original format runs an hour, it will take approximately one hour to dub/convert. This does not include set up time.
Digital Conversion Equipment Available
- Apple iMac computer
- DVD/VHS Recorder
- 3-speed turntable
- ClearClick Video to Digital Converter
- Analog to Digital USB Converter
- Cassette and Tape to Digital Converter w/USB
- Photoshop Elements v15
- Wolverine 8MM/Super 8 Film Converter
- Wolverine Titan Slide and Negative Scanner
- FOR PURCHASE at Circulation Desk: 32 GB microSD and SD flash cards; DVD-R (@ Reference Desk only); 16 and 32 GB flashdrives
PLEASE NOTE: THE LIBRARY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR MEDIA.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE: The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. The person using this equipment is responsible for any infringement.
This equipment is NOT professional grade, and is not intended for large conversion projects. For those projects try: